Sunday, January 4, 2009

Howdy

Hello there. I finally got the motivation to create a blog...previous attempts died as a result of, well, nothing to blog about. This blog will be about music...mostly NIGERIAN music...old Nigerian music. Music my dad used to play when I was growing up, music I used to hear on the Nigerian radio and t.v. I've been hit with a renewed interest in studying the history of music in Nigeria. As an avid music lover, I've come to realize that you get a fuller satisfaction listening to most genre of music when you have some historical background on its origin and the prominent artists, history invokes a greater sense of appreciation which makes for a more interesting listening experience.
This blog will chronicle my attempts to know more about the history of music in Nigeria. Since this is a blog there will be random post. I expect to be mildly serious with this blog...so updates will be as frequent as once a year or much less :)

No comments:

Post a Comment